Protecting your confidential data from the effects of cyber-thefts and hackers is very important to your livelihood. However, you should consider a comprehensive cyber-security insurance policy for complete coverage. The following tips will help make the best decision.
- Protection for unencrypted devices. The devices that you use outside of the workplace may not be encrypted and may need special coverage to protect information.
- Data restoration coverage. If it is likely that your computer system can be breached, be sure that you have a policy that will cover the costs that you will incur to replace and improve your computer system.
- Corporate client coverage. Many policies cover the data of individual clients. You should have a policy that covers the data of your corporate clients also.
- Resolution of identity theft. Once identity theft has been recognized, will the cost of resolving the identity theft issue be covered under your policy?
- Third party protection. If you transmit information to third party companies, will that information be covered?
These are some things to consider when you are purchasing cyber-liability insurance. Comprehensive coverage will protect you, your individual and corporate clients and third-party companies. Contact Durkin Agency, Inc for more cyber-liability insurance information.